- GSLP Story of Change -
Post COVD19 lockdown Lighthouse partnered with Berry Street School and Greater Shepparton Secondary College to kick start the Kindness Campaign in December 2020. This campaign was created in direct response to mental health concerns following lockdown with the intention to increase instances of gratitude or kindness in the GV.
To start the campaign gratitude sticker were placed throughout Shepparton and surrounding towns. Students from the Berry Street School developed the questions:
- Take three deep breaths & listen. What sounds can you hear?
- What are three things that made you smile today?
- Who is someone in your life you are grateful for? Why?
- What are three things that went well this week?
- What are three things you're grateful for?
Images of the stickers were shared via Facebook & Instagram by community members, spreading the messages further.
The campaign also organised for Berry Street School students to decorate a Christmas Box from Greater Shepparton City Council. Students covered the box in baubles and painted messages of kindness, the box was displayed at the Council building.
The campaign will continue with small & large initiatives run with and for the community.