Home-Start is a free home visiting service that offers volunteer mentor support to young families in the local community.
The initiative was originally created to support early years outcomes for our children. Specifically, to;
- Provide support to isolated and marginalised parents with young children.
- Improve parenting capacity.
- Encourage better connections with community and services.
- Build stronger relationships with family and extended family.
- Support strong outcomes for children to be ready for school.
Home-Start is an evidence-based international early intervention program first established in the UK over 30 years ago. It is volunteer-based program and works directly in the home with families in the community. Trained volunteers visit families weekly to provide mentoring, emotional support, practical support, positive engagement with children, linkage into services/community for the family.
It takes a village to raise a child
Hear about our Home-Start program
Call our Home-Start Coordinator Courtney on 0428 736 961 or get in touch via a community agency such as Maternal Child Health Nurse, The Family Haven or your local GP.
Meet our Home-Start Co-ordinator