Stories of Change
Lighthouse Stories of Change offers a glimpse into the diverse elements of our community movement.
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Transforming systems focuses on changing the objectives pursue – doing the right thing and then doing things right. “In the beginning Lighthouse fought back against well-meaning government and philanthropic bodies who had no skin in the game in Shepparton and could only offer a helicopter view of […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Community Hubs Australia approached Lighthouse to oversee the work at the three community hubs in Shepparton. This is an ideal partnership because Lighthouse is deeply connected in the community and business sector and can provide easy links to support the outcomes for migrant women and their children. This support improved school […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Lighthouse was initiated with support from philanthropic funders. The McEwen Foundation managed by Equity Trustees took a calculated risk and demonstrated philanthropic leadership by backing a regional community to design and deliver its own solutions. In 2014 they made a five-year commitment to support the Lighthouse initiative. […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation To build a movement you need to create the conditions for people to get on board. The Executive Officer, Lisa McKenzie and the Lighthouse Board provide inspirational leadership, leverage connections with individuals and businesses and allow many people to share decision-making. The Collaborative Leadership Tables are Lighthouse’s community […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Advocating for people who struggle to champion their own needs is important so all members of the community can have a voice. From the 1000 Conversations we heard that parents want the best for their children and young people know what they want, but they don’t necessarily […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Achieving outcomes for all our kids relies on strong partnerships, willingness to collaborate. This is not just the work of Lighthouse. The collective impact approach of the Lighthouse movement means that every project being driven by our partners is moving us closer to achieving our goal of offering all young people […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Goulburn Valley Health has undergone significant redevelopment and will require 400 new staff in the near future. Lighthouse co-designed four industry showcases at GV Health to promote medical and non-medical careers. Outcomes in 2018 – 154 students attended four GV Health events 18 teachers staff received exposure to industry and professional development at the events […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Through Lighthouse, The Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority (CMA) has a team of staff rostered to attend Wilmot Road Primary School each week helping migrant students with reading and homework as directed by the teacher. Two staff members are involved each week which helps more students get one on one […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation All primary students were surveyed at Mooroopna Park Primary School. Their gender survey revealed: Students see more options for males than females in STEM related occupations Students have gender biases when it comes to their perceptions of jobs that would be suitable for men or women Students, […]Read More
Measuring our Stories of Change outcomes
At the Greater Shepparton Lighthouse Project, a core set of 11 principles provide the foundation for our way of working. These principles are a valuable tool for measuring our Stories of Change as each story is assessed and presented with the principles it reflects. This process enables us to gain a greater understanding of our impact.