Stories of Change
Lighthouse Stories of Change offers a glimpse into the diverse elements of our community movement.
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Post COVD19 lockdown Lighthouse partnered with Berry Street School and Greater Shepparton Secondary College to kick start the Kindness Campaign in December 2020. This campaign was created in direct response to mental health concerns following lockdown with the intention to increase instances of gratitude or kindness in the GV. To start the campaign […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation The strength of our community is our social capital and can do approach. Once we connect with the volunteers, they generally remain active for several years. Goulburn Valley Water started supporting St Georges Road Primary School with a junior reading program. This was extended to include – Grade 6 Leadership, […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Lighthouse engaged a student studying a Master in Public Health to survey young people at the Haven in relation to the sexual and reproductive health services and education opportunities in Shepparton. The project intended to improve access to quality sexual and reproductive health information, education and services […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation The 2018 SEAT (Sit, Eat And Talk) mentoring initiative regularly connected 20 Grade 6 students, at Mooroopna Primary School with 14 volunteers during a lunchtime meal. The participants shared stories and completed activities that prompted them to talk about their job and careers. The project was supported […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Exposing young people in secondary schools to career options has expanded to include several primary school initiatives. Grade 6 students at Mooroopna Primary School have learnt about the CFA and Emergency Services. The students learnt about the different jobs within the CFA, the important work they do […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation Community engagement is a major part of the work of Lighthouse and we aim to deeply engage with our community to achieve long term and sustainable decision-making, processes, outcomes and relationships. The framework followed by Lighthouse is based on principles that respect the right of all community […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation In June 2019 Lighthouse engaged consultancy firm Clear Horizon to conduct an all-encompassing independent evaluation. The independent evaluation is an important component of the Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation processes of Lighthouse. Seeking such external expertise is fundamental to developing rigorous reports and point-in-time checks along the 20-year […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation The Gowrie St partnership with Shepparton Central Rotary Club is brokered and supported by Lighthouse and has been running for three years and evolving over time. It started with weekly activities over a term offering Grade six students fun activities to help them to understand the region […]Read More
– GSLP Story of Change – Our Organisation The Seer Data platform has brought 1400 datasets together on a community platform now in beta phase for use by Lighthouse and stakeholders. The platform built in partnership with Seer Data & Analytics and funded by Perpetual Trustees is now being adopted by place-based sites throughout Australia. […]Read More
Measuring our Stories of Change outcomes
At the Greater Shepparton Lighthouse Project, a core set of 11 principles provide the foundation for our way of working. These principles are a valuable tool for measuring our Stories of Change as each story is assessed and presented with the principles it reflects. This process enables us to gain a greater understanding of our impact.