Protecting the Privacy of your Personal Information
‘Personal information’ is defined in the Policy as information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
- What personal information is being collected;
- Who is collecting personal information;
- How personal information is used by GSLP;
- To whom and under what circumstances personal information is disclosed; and
- How personal information is stored.
In most circumstances, GSLP will:
- Only collect personal information about you with your consent (unless legally required or authorised to do otherwise);
- Collect your personal information directly from you (where possible and practicable);
- Only collect personal information about you that is necessary and relevant to the functions and/or programs of GSLP;
- Use staff to collect your information who are appropriately trained and have a specific role in the purpose for which your personal information is being collected;
- Only use your personal information for the purpose for which it is collected or for a directly related secondary purpose that you would expect your personal information to be used for (unless legally required or authorised to do otherwise);
- Provide you with access to your personal information (unless legally required or authorised to do otherwise);
- Only disclose your personal information to a third party with your consent, or where you expect such disclosure, or where we are legally required or authorised to do so;
- Take reasonable steps to keep your personal information complete, current and accurate; and
- Take reasonable steps to ensure personal information about you is kept secure.